After failing in spectacular fashion to remove President Donald Trump from office with their baseless Russia collusion and Ukraine quid-pro-quo theories — Democrats are ramming ahead with another witch hunt.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and his allies are planning to propose a resolution called “The No PR Act,” which would remove Trump’s signature from all future relief checks from the COVID-19 response.
“President Trump, unfortunately, appears to see the pandemic as just another opportunity to promote his own political interests,” Schumer told Politico.
He added: “Delaying the release of stimulus checks so his signature could be added is a waste of time and money.”
Schumer and his anti-Trump colleagues are desperate to humiliate the president however they can.
Schumer’s expected provision comes after the president’s name appeared on millions of economic stimulus checks sent to Americans as part of the “Phase 3” coronavirus relief package, which totaled more than $2.2 trillion counting the relief payments and a variety of other programs.
The president’s name appeared on paper checks going to some Americans, while others received their relief payments via direct deposit. The president’s name, “President Donald J. Trump,” appeared in the memo section on the left-hand side of those paper checks, but his signature was not included. Those who received their payment via direct deposit did not have anything including Trump’s name.
Schumer claims that the measure is to stop Trump from promoting “his own political interests,” but he should look in the mirror.
He has spent nearly four years promoting one witch-hunt after another against Trump.
Luckily, the Republican-controlled Senate won’t allow such a blatantly absurd proposal to pass.
The president is head of the executive branch, of which the Treasury Department is a part.
This isn’t a controversy, but rather another attempt for Democrats to grandstand and exploit a crisis to go after Trump.
Last week, Democrats on the House Foreign Affairs Committee have launched an investigation into Trump’s decision to halt funding to the World Health Organization in response to the group’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
Engel demanded that the State Department provide documents proving the justification for Trump’s decision to pull funding from the WHO.
Trump announced the halt in funding earlier this month, arguing he did not want to send taxpayer money to WHO after their “botched effort” in handling the pandemic and cozy relationship with China, where the coronavirus originated.
“Had the WHO done its job to get medical experts into China to objectively assess the situation on the ground and to call out China’s lack of transparency, the outbreak could have been contained at its source with very little death,” Trump said on April 15.
Leading U.S. health officials have echoed Trump’s claim, saying foreign nations would have been better prepared to deal with the pandemic had China and world health leaders been more transparent during the early days of the outbreak.
“You have to increase your level of reporting and transparency,” Dr. Deborah Birx said in April. “Because it’s a new disease, every word and every experience that you have becomes very critical.”